Accra, Ghana. September 29, 2017: Amatsii, a software company developing consumer search & discovery; procurement & retail management and business intelligence & market research products and services for the pharmaceutical industry, has released the first public version of Amatsii.com as a mobile app on the Google Playstore.
The mobile app is to aid public healthcare in Ghana. The aim of Amatsii.com is to provide free, easy and real-time access to drug and drug-related information nationwide in Ghana.
This first public release of Amatsii.com has the following features and use cases:
- Find out if a drug you have been prescribed is covered by NHIS;
- Find alternatives to drugs you have been prescribed;
- Find drugs using specific active ingredients;
- Report adverse drug reactions for any drug you take to the FDA; and
- Get pricing and availability information by calling any pharmacy from within the app.
- Find the nearest pharmacies around your current location or in any city/town/suburb;
- Find the location of a pharmacy using the pharmacy name; and
- Navigate to any specific pharmacy using Google Maps or Uber.
- Health Insurance
- Find the accepted insurance coverage at any pharmacy (NHIS and/or Private Insurers).
- Personal Healthcare
- Bookmark your favorite or most regularly visited pharmacies for quick access.
On the release of this app, Edem Morny, CEO for Amatsii said:
“We are extremely delighted to release this first public version of Amatsii.com, which we believe will contribute to empowering consumers in healthcare delivery. At 11 pm, if you need to find Symbicort for your child’s asthma, you can use Amatii.com to find which pharmacy is open, quickly contact them and navigate to that pharmacy if it is unfamiliar.
This version is just the first step towards our biggest goal, which is to provide real-time drug availability information nationwide. We have many upcoming features and look forward to feedback from the public. We have started to forge nascent partnerships with healthcare stakeholders and hope many more support us to improve healthcare delivery as relates to pharmaceuticals. “
Amatsii is currently available now for download for Android via the Google Playstore with an iOS version coming soon.
Tech Nova will be taking the Amatsii app for a spin and will give an initial review of the app in the coming weeks.
Amatsii develops software for the pharmaceutical industry. Our products cover consumer search & discovery; procurement & retail management and business intelligence & market research solutions for the entire spectrum of businesses within the pharmaceutical industry. You can follow Amastii on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Joseph-Albert Kuuire is the creator and editor of TechNovaGh.com, an online digital platform focusing on technology in Ghana.
I’m also a UX Designer, book reader, and tech enthusiast (duh!)
Email: [email protected]