WhatsApp is officially rolling out its business app to the public.
WhatsApp Business is a free-to-download Android app for small businesses. Companies will now be able to connect with customers and chat with them.
Here are some benefits and features of the app:
- Business Profiles: Help customers with useful information such as a business description, email or store addresses, and website.
- Messaging Tools: Save time with smart messaging tools — quick replies that provide fast answers to frequently asked questions, greeting messages that introduce customers to your business, and away messages that let them know you’re busy.
- Messaging Statistics: Review simple metrics like the number of messages read to see what’s working.
- WhatsApp Web: Send and receive messages with WhatsApp Business on your desktop.
- Account Type: People will know that they’re talking to a business because you will be listed as a Business Account. Over time, some businesses will have Confirmed Accounts once it’s been confirmed that the account phone number matches the business phone number.
The WhatsApp Business app is currently available on the Google Play store in Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, the U.K. and the U.S.
The app will eventually roll out worldwide.
So it looks like businesses in Ghana will now be able to effectively and officially connect their businesses on WhatsApp.
Source: WhatsApp Business
Joseph-Albert Kuuire is the creator and editor of TechNovaGh.com, an online digital platform focusing on technology in Ghana.
I’m also a UX Designer, book reader, and tech enthusiast (duh!)
Email: [email protected]