London, United Kingdom- April 20, 2018 – LSE is to host the President of Ghana and over 40 global speakers at the annual LSA Africa Summit. Ghana Tech Summit Founder, Einstein Kofi Ntim will be moderating the summit’s Tech and Innovation Panel featuring the President of Ghana and other key player’s in Africa’s tech ecosystem. President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo of Ghana, is also scheduled to give a talk addressing unemployment in the continent.
The panel “will discuss the role of technology and innovation in development, the feasibility of the leapfrogging theory in Africa, and the effect of digitization on job creation”. Panel speakers include David Steinacker (Senior Managing Partner, Sub-Saharan Africa at Google); Dara Treseder (CMO, Business Innovations & GE Ventures at GE); Eric Osiakwan (Managing Partner of Chanzo Capital); Anna Keledo (Executive Director, AfriLabs).
As the panel moderator, Einstein will be highlighting the panelists’ strategies and accomplishments in scaling tech across Africa and also highlighting his work scaling tech via the world’s first and largest digital accelerator – GlobalStartupEcosystem.com which features 1000 companies across 90 countries a year (33 of which are from Africa). He will also be highlighting the launch of Ghana Tech Summit which is set to be the largest tech event in West Africa on July 18-20, 2018. The summit is a part of a 12-year initiative to bring global leaders to Ghana to initiate partnerships and accelerate Ghana as an innovative tech hub in Africa.
Speakers confirmed for Ghana Tech Summit include:
- Angela Kyerematen-Jimoh: Country General Manager for IBM in Africa
- Lola Kassim: Uber West Africa & Harvard + LSE Alumna
- Ambassador Johanna Odonkor Svanikier: Ghana’s former Ambassador to France & Portugal
- Daraiha Greene: Google Global External Partnerships Manager, Community & Business Inclusion
- Will Senyo: Co-Founder & CEO of Impact Hub Accra
- Ann Rosenberg: Senior Vice President & Global Head of SAP Next-Gen + United Nations SDG Goals
- Sequoia Blodgett: Silicon Valley Tech Editor @ Black Enterprise,
- Eric M K Osiakwan: Managing Partner of Chanzo Capital
- Yaw Owusu: Manager @ Ghana Cyber City, the first technology park in Ghana
- Erikan Obotetukudo: Relationship Manager @LinkedIn + Founder of KIN (network of powerful Black and African gamechangers)
The central theme of Ghana Tech Summit is to “catalyze startup ecosystems in emerging markets” which was piloted with HaitiTechSummit.com in 2017. The event will host speakers from Google, Facebook, Uber, Twitter, IBM, and more. Over 40+ media representatives from Forbes, Inc Magazine, Fast Company, Black Enterprise, and more will also be in attendance.
Joseph-Albert Kuuire is the creator and editor of TechNovaGh.com, an online digital platform focusing on technology in Ghana.
I’m also a UX Designer, book reader, and tech enthusiast (duh!)
Email: [email protected]