The world’s largest startup competition focused on women and technology is back, bigger and better! The She Loves Tech 2018 Global Startup Competition will be held in 14 locations across Canada, China, France, Germany, Indonesia, Israel, Kenya, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa and the UAE. With local rounds held from June to August, local round winners will finally meet in Beijing, China for the global finals happening at the International Conference on September 15, 2018.
Led by She Loves Tech, a global initiative aiming to showcase the convergence in the latest trends in technology, entrepreneurship, innovation and the opportunities it creates for women, the competition is expected to attract over 500 women impact and women-led startups from around the world, where they will benefit from an interconnected global network of like-minded innovators, mentors, investors, and other supporting organizations.
The East Africa round of the competition is co-organized by China Africa Tech Initiative and will be held on July 14th, 2018 at Nairobi Garage.
- May 8 Global Registration Opens*
- June-August Global Preliminary Rounds
- September 12-14 Boot Camp (Beijing, China)
- September 15 Global Finals & International Conference
- September 18-21 Singapore Tech Trip
- *Registration deadline varies depending on round location.
STARTUP BOOSTER PACK
The winner of the global finale will receive a custom “Startup Booster Pack“, which consists of exclusive mentorships from leading investors and industry experts, consulting services (China landing, China IP protection, financial, legal and HR advisory, product and technology development, etc.), fast-track entry to partner programs, media exposure, workspaces and more!
CHINA – GLOBAL TECH & INNOVATION HUB
Winners from each local round will receive a trip to Beijing, China where they will receive a spot to pitch on an international stage, attend the She Loves Tech 2018 International Conference, participate in a high-level boot camp, and gain numerous networking opportunities with China’s leading tech ecosystem players.
SINGAPORE TECH TRIP
The global final and Chinese round winners will also receive a trip to Singapore to participate in the Singapore Week of Innovation and Technology’s (SWITCH) Women in Tech Conference, and visit startup incubator Block71, blockchain hubs, leading VCs etc. held on September 18- 21, 2018 (flights not covered). Supported by the Singapore government, SWITCH is Singapore’s first platform, showcasing the country’s vibrant entrepreneurial and technology innovation ecosystem.
Teja Ventures, a venture capital fund with a gender lens and She Loves Tech’s official venture partner, and other affiliate funds will be actively looking to invest in the top startups coming out of the global competition.
JUDGES, MENTORS & SPECIAL GUESTS
Leading VCs, funds and startup incubator/accelerator programs will be present at every round to judge, mentor, and look at the startups coming out of the competition. In addition, a mentorship session will be organized for the finalist startups pitching at every round.
2017 Global Final judges include William Bao Bean (General Partner of SOSV), Jian Hu (CEO of Jing Data), Ivy Li (Partner at Ruisheng Capital), Zidi Liu (Founding Partner of Green Harbor Investment), Yvonne Wang (President of Hearst Media China and Hearst Asia Investment Committee Member), Joanna Wei (Founding Partner of New Frontier Investment), and Hong Wu (Vice President of Legend Capital).
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
1. STAGE: Seeking Angel, Seed or A round funding (under US$5m funding raised) with, at minimum, a viable product past its conceptual stage
2. FOCUS: (a) Any entrepreneur, male or female, who is using technology to impact women positively:
• Are a significant proportion of end-users or consumers female?
• Are products specifically designed with women users in mind?
• Does the product itself address a problem that disproportionately affects women?
(b) At least one female entrepreneur must be part of the founding team who is using technology to solve a problem.
3. TECHNOLOGY: The use of science and innovation to invent useful things to solve problems. This extends beyond digital, information, or Internet-based technology and covers everything from hardware to the creation of new product and solutions to existing problems.
We are open to accepting startups from all industries, with a particular focus on startups in these verticals:
• Agri Tech
• Artificial Intelligence & Big Data
• B to B Solutions
• Consumer Tech
• Clean Energy
• Fin Tech
• Edu Tech
• Internet of Things
• Med Tech
If you are a woman entrepreneur or your product or business positively impacts women, please enter at www.shelovestech.org now! Registration for the East Africa round of the She Loves Tech 2018 Global Startup Competition ends on July 2nd, 2018.
Stay updated with latest news:
Youtube: She Loves Tech