On Wednesday, 8th August, 2018, MTN Ghana announced “MTN Shortz”, a video platform video platform that will hosts short video content like comedies, animations, podcasts, games and films for monetization purposes.
MTN then announced the “MTN Shortz Challenge” which is a contest where users can submit short video contents that are of local relevance to the Ghanaian market on to the Shortz portal. Users will have the chance of winning cash prizes for up to a total of GHC50,000.00. The competition is open from 8th August to 27th August, 2018.
How to register
Users can sign up for the competition of the MTN Shortz website: mtn.com.gh/shortz
(Note: Be sure to read the terms and conditions of the competition)
Who is eligible to participate?
All competitors can log on to mtn.com.gh/shortz to register and upload their content link into the competition and as well register for the MTN Shortz Workshop and MTN Open Coffee workshops on Intellectual Property Rights and Digital Journalism.
Alternatively, content creators should create a download link on WeTransfer or Drop Box and send the link to [email protected]
The following information should be added to the link to be shared:
- Full name
- Names of all team members (maximum number of people in a group = 3)
- Phone number
- Participating category e.g. Short Film, Game, Podcast
Deadline for content submission into the competition is 27th August, 2018.
Basic information about the MTN Shortz Competition:
- Content creators can upload multiple content to different categories.
- Short films, funny videos, animations and podcasts shouldn’t exceed 10 minutes.
- You will need to accept terms and conditions to participate in the competition.
- You will need an MTN MoMo account since that’s how cash prizes will be paid.
Several prizes will be awarded. Some of the main awards will be:
- Best video
- Best animation
- Best game
- Best podcast
- Overall best content
What’s in it for the user?
Users who want to view MTN Shortz content can log on to mtnplay.com.gh, register as a new user and subscribe to enjoy content on the platform.
Who will be judging your content?
- Edem Kumordzi (Software Engineer and senior Consultant at Andela)
- Kafui Danku (Actress, Director and Producer)
- Kofi Asamoah (Movie Director and Producer at Kofas Media)
If you have further questions send an email to [email protected]tn.com