An all-girls robotics team representing Ghana in the 2019 World Robotics competition came in first in the senior division.
The team managed to beat out teams from the US, Mexico, South Korea and other countries in the competition which was held in Michigan, USA.
Team ACRO-BOT, made up of nine girls from the Methodist Girls’ High School in the Eastern Region of Ghana, came first in 10 different categories in their division including:
- The Game (Complete robotic missions)
- Exhibition (Show off projects)
- Vision Centric Challenge (Develop robots to solve problems using cameras)
- Unknown Mission Challenge (Surprise missions)
- RoboArts (Robotics music, dance and arts competition)
- BottleSumo (Pushing bottle or opponents off a table)
- RoboParade (Parade of robots)
- Carnival and
- WISER, a conference on STEM education through robotics.
For more information on the winners and the competition, visit https://www.robofest.net/index.php/current-competitions/world-championship.
Source: Daily Graphic