Africa’s Digital Future is bright and expanding while creating a lot of entrepreneurs in different industries. From healthcare to Fintech and other digital platforms are making a lot of impact in Africa and these platforms are manned by innovators and change-makers who are guarded by policies.
But who make these policies and do they really understand the growing trends and challenges in Africa’s Digital Space? What are some of the solutions?
The Africa Digital Summit and Expo organized by ThirdEye Media (a Digital Media & Events Agency that believes in the power of going deeper to connect with global passionate but curious African audience through telling the African stories digitally) seek to unlock Africa’s Digital Future by bringing together digital experts, enthusiasts, policymakers, entrepreneurs and change-makers in Africa to discuss policies, funding, trends and innovations that seek to promote Africa as the Digital Hub of the world.
The Africa Digital Summit is an annual digital conference part of the Festival to celebrate Africa’s Digital culture to build consensus with governments and stakeholders to really understand and provide the necessary policies, investment among others that would provide a good enabling environment for the Digital Space in Africa.
Ghana will host the 2019 edition of the Africa Digital Summit which is an event part of the Africa Digital Awards that seek to celebrate Digital excellence in Ghana’s digital industry.
This year’s edition is on the theme: The State of Ghana’s Economy: Unlocking Africa’s Digital Future.
The speakers, panelists and Moderators lined up for the event are:
- Foster Awintiti Akugri (Incubator Manager, SbIncubator Ghana)
- Jemila Abdulai (Founder and Editor, Circumspecte)
- Kwame A. A. Opoku (Futurist, CEO, Reset Global People)
- Kwesi Hayford (CEO, Ghana eSports Association)
- Kwadwo Sheldon (Content Creator)
- Venus Tawiah (Business Development Director, Now Available Africa)
- Joshua Opoku Agyemang Otoo (CEO, IoT Network Hub)
- Tom-Chris Emewulu (Founder & President, SFAN)
- Alex Offei Lartey (Head of Digital and Social Marketing, AirtelTigo Ghana)
- Godfred Appiah Kubi (Digital and Ecommerce Manager, Decathlon Ghana)
- Rosy Fynn (CEO, Busy Ghana)
- TriForce Johnson (CEO, Empire Arcadia)
- Jonathan Laryea (CEO, Jonilar.net)
- Isaac Sesi (CEO, Sesi Technologies)
- George Opoku (CEO, Kumasi Hive)
- Joseph-Albert Kuuire (Creator & Editor, Tech Nova Gh)
- Daniel Ofori (Head of Operations, Accra Digital Center)
- Felix Oppong Amoako (Founder and CEO, iSel Media Gh)
- John Armah (CEO, Orios Ghana)
- Lily Edinam Botsyoe (Team Lead, Hacklab Foundation)
- Ruddy Kwakye (CEO, Rave Media Group)
- Samuel Abeiku Dadson (Chief Growth Officer, Verme Media Network)
- James Erskine (Communications Consultant)
- George Bright-Abu Jr. (CEO, KlikGh.com)
As part of the Summit will also be Africa Digital Expo, Africa’s Premier Digital Expo to bring together a diverse range of Digital Services and products providers to showcases innovations, services, products among others that are pushing Africa forward in the digital space and to raise awareness of their products and services.
The event is scheduled for 31st August 2019 at the Ghana-India Kofi Annan ICT Centre.