WhatsApp, the popular messaging platform, is working on a picture-in-picture mode for iOS. The feature allows users to open up other apps while on a video call.
In a blog post, the company is currently beta testing the feature which will be available next year.
Once launched, the feature will be able to do the following:
- 32 person calls: Do video calls on your mobile with up to 32 people
- Message or mute call participants: Long pressing on a participant will enlarge the video or audio feed and allow you to either mute or message them separately while keeping the calls going
- Call links: Whether making a last minute call or planning ahead, you can easily invite people to a group call by sharing a call link
- Colorful waveforms: Now you can easily see who is speaking if their camera is off
- In-call banner notifications: See when someone new joins a group call